When I first heard about the Nails Inc. Paint Can (aka “spray on nail polish”) I was highly skeptical. How on earth could that not be horribly messy, and how do you apply it without getting it all over your hands?
However, being the beauty junkie that I am, I was intrigued. And when I started to see major beauty websites and blogs reviewing the product, I knew I needed more info. The basic gist of the product is that you are able to spray on an even coat of nail polish in just seconds, and with a quick wash of your hands to remove the excess paint, you’ll have a perfect manicure! But is it really that simple? After reading several reviews (like this one), I’ve observed some similarities in advice and have put together the following tips:
- Use an old towel or newspaper (or something similar to that) to cover the surface you will be spraying on, as it can adhere and damage the surface.
- The particles from the spray can float in the air, so also be careful of the outfit you’re wearing.
- You must apply a base coat first for the polish to adhere to (otherwise it will just wash off). However, it doesn’t have to be the Nails Inc. base coat – any will do.
- Don’t paint the base coat on your cuticles, or the polish will adhere to your cuticles as well.
- It works best to wait approximately 2 minutes for the polish to dry before washing off the excess.
Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get my hands on the product (it’s currently sold out everywhere), but you can sign up here to be on the wait list to be notified when more stock becomes available (currently there are only two colors offered – bright pink and silver). It officially launches in March 2016 in the US, and Nails Inc promises to have more colors available at that time. I’d love to see a pale pink and an opaque white for spring, and a deep red is always classic.
What colors would you like to see? Have you tried this product? I’d love to hear from you!