On a rainy day like today nothing beats a hot bowl of soup to ease the chill of the cold weather. In honor of the cold weather upon us, here’s an easy sweet potato-carrot soup to prepare. One thing you’ll definitely need to get this soup to the right consistency is an immersion blender. I purchased my Kitchen Aid blender from Target.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium yellow squash, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 small bag of peeled baby carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée or one small squash, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons of Osem Chicken Soup Consomme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Israeli soup croutons (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Place all sweet potato, carrots, pumpkin (or squash), onion and garlic in a stock or soup pot with water.
2. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Once all the ingredients have boiled and are soft to the touch, blend all the ingredients together until no lumps are found in the soup.
4. Add your seasonings: salt, pepper, cayenne or any other seasoning you enjoy in soups.
5. Serve hot with Israeli soup croutons.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know in the comments.
One thought on “Recipe: Sweet Potato-Carrot Soup”