On a rainy day like today nothing beats a hot bowl of soup to ease the chill of the cold weather. In honor of the cold weather upon us, here’s an easy sweet potato-carrot soup to prepare. One thing you’ll definitely need to get this soup to the right consistency is an immersion blender. I purchased my Kitchen Aid blender from Target.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 medium yellow squash, peeled
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 1 small bag of peeled baby carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 can pumpkin purée or one small squash, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 tablespoons of Osem Chicken Soup Consomme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Israeli soup croutons (optional)
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Place all sweet potato, carrots, pumpkin (or squash), onion and garlic in a stock or soup pot with water.
2. Bring the water to a boil.
3. Once all the ingredients have boiled and are soft to the touch, blend all the ingredients together until no lumps are found in the soup.
4. Add your seasonings: salt, pepper, cayenne or any other seasoning you enjoy in soups.
5. Serve hot with Israeli soup croutons.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know in the comments.