2016 is almost here and surely you have figured out what your plans are tonight. Whether it’s hosting a dinner party of your own (see outfit ideas and lucky foods to include in your menu), bar hopping downtown or just heading down the street to a friend’s house for a party, it’s important to stay safe.
More likely than not there will be checkpoints around your town tonight. I know there surely will be in San Francisco and up north where I live in Marin County. It’s important to remember how you can get home safely on New Year’s:
- Uber: While I have yet to truly need to utilize Uber, it does come in handy in situations like tonight. Before you go out, be sure to download the app on your smartphone and get everything set up prior to your NYE festivities.
- Lyft: I have never used Lyft, but how cute are those pink mustaches on the cars? Easy to pinpoint in a dark setting, Lyft will take you anywhere in San Francisco (and other cities) and get you to your destination safely.
- Taxi: I always have my local taxi company programmed into my phone. Might be a good idea prior to heading out, just in case Lyft or Uber can’t swing by and pick you up.
- Designated Driver: If you’re lucky, one of your friends will offer being the DD for the night. Easy solution to getting from point A to point B safely.
- Bus (or other forms of public transportation): When there’s no other option, busses come in handy. While it can be a bit of a trek to get home via bus, it’s worth it to remember that it is an option for you.
I hope you all have a fabulous New Year and I will see you in 2016.