I’m super excited – tomorrow I’m leaving for a 4-day trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico! It’s a quick weekend getaway, so packing shouldn’t be too hard. But it’s still always the thing I agonize over – what to pack, and making sure I’m packing the perfect outfits.
The weather there should range from the high 70’s during the day, and cool down to the low 60’s at night. I have lots of different activities planned during the day (sailing, snorkeling, exploring the town, cooking class, pool time) and nice dinners planned at night, so I’m taking that into consideration and throwing in a couple of nice dresses. In the end, this is the clothing list I came up with:
- 2 swimsuits (so I don’t have to wear a wet swimsuit)
- 1 beach coverup
- 3 dresses (one for each dinner)
- 4 tank tops (one for each day during the daytime)
- 1 pair linen pants
- 1 lace romper
- 1 pair flip flops (for the beach, pool, and water activities)
- 1 pair leather sandals (my most comfortable sandals for daytime)
- 1 pair nude wedges (for dinner)
- 1 light cardigan
- 1 beige clutch (to go with all dresses)
- simple jewelry
- and of course pjs and undergarments
I plan on wearing another pair of comfy pants on the plane that I can also wear during the day there, as well as a light cardigan that can be worn at night when it cools down. I’m sure I’m slightly over-packing, but I like to have one or two extra pieces just in case I feel like wearing something else that day. Packing tip: Try to pick a color scheme, so that items can easily be mixed and matched. You can see I’ve stuck to a blue palette, with black and white thrown in.
What do you think, am I missing anything? Do you have any packing tips to share?